July 4, 2013

NOTW: White With Gold Glitter

Hi lovelies! Happy 4th of July! Today's post is on the nail polish(es) I'm wearing this week. I tend to switch up the color family of the nail color I wear from week to week. For example, last week I wore a DIY ombre nail design which you can see here, and learn how to recreate here. Since mine was full of warm and tropical colors, I decided to go for a cool and modern feel this week (plus I didn't really feel like spending hours blending nail polish!). This didn't take me long at all, and it's a nice way to incorporate a glam feel into a basic manicure.

The colors I used are (from left to right): Revlon Nail Art Expressionist Nail Enamel in Nights & Degas, but I only used the white side (which is actually a nail art, the black one is the actual polish), OPI Nail Lacquer in Bling Dynasty (which I don't think is being sold in stores anymore), and Tip Toe in Gold Dust (which is sold at Old Navy near the registers).
 
Because the white polish is a nail art the brush is pretty thin compared to a normal sized brush, but it did do the job. The OPI brush is, of course, normal sized and really good for coating your whole nail. The gold glitter polish has a normal brush as well, but that one is slightly smaller than the OPI one.
 
As for formula, The white polish is slightly thick for a nail art design, but since I used this for an entire nail, two coats worked out fine. The color actually split on my nail after a day or so, which is really weird, but I painted over it once and it became normal again, so we'll see how it all works out. With the OPI gold, I painted two coats on each ring finger as a base coat, in case the glitter was too sheer. OPI nail polishes have a really nice formulation, so I'm in love with this color. The Tip Toe polish did end up being sort of sheer, but I'm really glad I used the OPI underneath as it came in handy. I painted two coats, and it turned out really gold and, well, glittery! To top everything off, I used my sister's NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel 271 Extra Shiny Top Coat. I'm really happy with how this manicure turned out!
 
 
Purchase the Revlon Nail Art Expressionist Nail Enamel in Nights & Degas here.
Purchase the OPI Nail Lacquer in Bling Dynasty here.
Purchase a similar polish to Tip Toe in Gold Dust here.
 
Thanks for reading! Comment what you think of my manicure below!

No comments:

Post a Comment