October 15, 2013

fall candle review: slatkin & co. tropical spice

I originally purchased this candle during Bath & Body Works' semi-annual sale in early July. I don't remember exactly how much it was, but it must have been inexpensive considering how cheap I am. This candle is supposed to be for the spring/summertime, but me, being the absolute rebel that I am, chose to burn it in the fall.

what it is:
The Tropical Spice scent is described as "An exotic blend of cinnamon bark, spiced rum and Tahitian vanilla"
This three-wick candle is 14.5 oz and burns for 25-45 hours. These candles retail for $20 at bath and body works, but I think they are no longer available, or are only sold in the spring/summer. 

what I think:
I really do like this candle. It smells like cinnamon and vanilla, so it's very warm scent overall. When I burn this candle, my entire room smells yummy. Three wick candles are pretty annoying to light, considering I light my candles with matches. I always light two wicks by the time I get burned, so I end up using two matches every time I burn it. Overall, I do like this candle, and I recommend it to all of you!

You can get yours here, or get the scent in wallflower form here.

I hope this review was some help to you if you're looking for a nice fall candle that isn't too much of a heavy scent. If it was, be sure to let me know in a comment. :)

                                                                                                           xoxo, Giada

No comments:

Post a Comment